The Sentinel® Chest Seal is a device designed to seal an open chest wound and minimize the risk of developing tension pneumothorax, a leading cause of preventable battlefield death.1 This seal maintains static placement for spontaneous relief of tension pneumothorax and ensures effective channeling for the release of blood and air.
The Sentinel® Chest Seal patented design minimizes vent occlusion while permitting simultaneous release of blood and air. The 360° layer of Sentinel 10x™ adhesive sticks in place and remains fully adhered to the casualty in all environments while the transparent design allows a clear view of the wound. Together, these features reduce the need to apply multiple seals and lower the risk of tension pneumothorax, a leading cause of preventable battlefield death.1
- 360° Sentinel 10x non water-based adhesive base
- Transparent to allow a clear view of the wound
- Reservoir directs blood to valve to prevent clogging
- Contains highly absorbent non-woven wipe
- Two-part peel allows controlled placement
- Meets CoTCCC guidelines for vented chest seal
- Adhesive is effective in all environments, reducing the need to apply multiple seals for the same wound
- Layered design with channels minimize vent occlusion, while permitting simultaneous release of blood and air
1 Eastridge BJ, et al., Death on the battlefield (2001-2011): implications for the future of combat casualty care., J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012 Dec;73(6 Suppl 5):S431-7.